Thursday 3 November 2011

Another exotic tropical fruit - Lychee

The lychee fruit is a size of a big grape. When you peel off the skin, you can see the white or pinkish juicy flesh of a lychee fruit. It's very sweet and has afresh taste.
The texture of its flesh is similar to a grape. The fruit is rich with Vitamin C and Potassium.


This is the how I was introduced to lychee - someone just cracked a branch full of fruits and gave it to me. So, this was my first experience with the fruit. At that time i didn't even know how to eat the fruits, so the farmer that gave me the branch had to show me. He took the fruit, and put it in his mouth in-between his teeth and gently cracked the hard skin. As the skin broke, the white fruit came out and he told me to eat it. And it was fabulous!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment