Wednesday 5 October 2011

Event Management 101 at Parc de la Chute-Montmorency ( Québec)

Something interesting happened to me while walking to the Manoir, which is close to the parking area in Parc de la Chute-Montmorency. We went to walk on the suspended bridge, which you can see on the below picture. When we got to the bridge itself to my disbelief there were bride and groom walking on the bridge together with their entourage. Unfortunately, my camera died right when I got up there, so I couldn't take pictures of them. Also, I noticed that they were angry not too happy. As I started talking with one of the bridesmaids, she told me that they had to walk on their stiletto at least 70 steps and another mile after to take pictures. There was no pavement there either, just a dirt path. Let me tell you, as an event planner, I thought to myself that if you do not do your do diligence, prepare for something like this. I can only image the consequences of one of the bridesmaids breaking an ankle or falling, or even tearing their dress... So if you have an event planner who plans something like this for you - fire him, and if you don`t have any - hire the competent one who won't put you in danger!







No comments:

Post a Comment