Monday 31 October 2011

Word of advice

Last weekend I met few of my friends from the event management course that I took around three years ago. One of us is leaving for Korea, so the occasion was a farewell party for her. We were 4 of us and there seemed to be two generations at that table as two of us were above forty and other two in their twenties. During our party one of them asked me if there's anything that I would do differently with my life. And I said: "No. The only thing that I'd do differently is to live my life to the fullest and live it now. Yes, you need to plan and schedule, but yet the only thing that you have is NOW because you have no idea what is going to happen to you tomorrow".
When I had my ski accident this January my life was completely on pause and if there's something that I've learnt from this is to enjoy the life and take chances and opportunities that come to you. Before I'd analyze a lot and hesitate in my decisions, question everything, but now I don't do this any more. Whatever shows up in my life, I go for it!
Another lesson I've learnt is to stop feeling guilty and pleasing others instead of yourself. If you're not happy with yourself everybody around you will suffer because of it, including yourself. So, you have to have the courage to be genuine and to be true to yourself, even if it hurts and disturbs other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment