Tuesday 21 June 2011

Uncomfortable situation at the gym

It’s a month now since I am allowed to go to the gym and exercise. Though I am still very limited in my range of motions as I am struggling with my left leg and also my right shoulder due to my ski accident in January. One day after the work out I went to the change room. Suddenly, I found myself in front of my locker; it was awkward because my locker was right beside this motionless naked woman. She was right in front of my locker and she literally obstructed my way to the locker. I waited for a good 10 minutes, but she was not moving and at one moment I realized she was crying… I did not know what to do, so I asked her: «Do you want to talk? Can I help you with something? » She said: «I do not want to bother you». I told her: “You are not bothering me, I am here for you”. But she just left for the shower area without speaking to me and then I took my personal gear and left. I did not know what to do.. I thought that sometimes the best thing to do is not doing anything … allow the person to be with the pain even if it makes you feel uncomfortable and powerless. Sometime life is difficult and we need to consent to let it be, this too will pass.

And what would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment