Thursday 4 August 2011

Pineapple

Pineapple is one of my favorite fruits. It tastes very sweet and sourish and its texture is hard, but at the same time the fruit itself is very juicy.
The first time I visited Puerto Rico I was extremely surprised to see the pineapple farm. I was really expecting to see it grow on a tree. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that it grows on a plant.
There are couple of interesting facts about pineapples that I've found:
- Did you know that each pineapple plant only produces just one pineapple per year?
- Would you ever imagine that if they are left to their own devices to grow and not picked up in first two years, they can actually reach up to 9kg (20lbs).
And I don't have to mention how good pineapples are for you when they are served with meat, i.e. as meat tenderizers.

You can visit http://www.howtocutapineapple.com to learn to cut and serve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment